Wi-Fi is the connection method that almost all Roku models employ to access the internet. Usually this works fine, but if you need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network without a remote, it’s tricky. When your Roku is already connected to a Wi-Fi network and you just need to switch, it’s easy. Use the Roku app on your smartphone as a virtual remote, to switch between Wi-Fi networks.
- 1 Method 1
- 2 Method 2
- 3 Method 3
- 4 FAQ About How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote
- 5 Final Verdict
Learn How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote, as well as how to connect to a new Wi-Fi network.
To set Roku up as a network, you usually use a remote that is compatible with your model. It is the simplest method.
Tell us your Roku model and model number (if you have one) so we can advise you on which remote you will need.
To get started, you’ll need all of these:
A Roku still connected to its previous network. If the computer was not connected to that network when you shut it down, or if you reset it, you can only set it up via a remote. Verzuz TV Online.
Know the Roku’s current network name (SSID) and password.
- Access to your current router’s settings. The third method is available if you don’t have this access.
- A mobile device with the Roku app installed (not The Roku channel app).
All of the above:
- Set the network name (SSID) and password for your new network in the router’s control panel.
- Plug your Roku back in after pulling the plug for a few seconds. Your Roku should be able to connect once it boots up. How To Watch Verzuz on Roku.
- You can take control of your Roku once again with your phone if you connect it to the same network as your Roku.
It is more complicated, but if you need it.. For this to work, the Roku needs to be setup for its previous network, along with access to its SSID and password. You will also need:
- Use the same network name (SSID) and password as your previous home network. In case your hotspot uses the 5 GHz band, make sure it’s set to 2.4 GHz for Roku compatibility.
- After you turn on the Wi-Fi, pull the power plug for a couple seconds, then plug it back in. The Roku should connect to the hotspot and to the internet once it starts up. But you will not be able to control it yet.
- Use the first phone’s WiFi hotspot to connect your second device. Best DJ Headphones buy Online.
- Connecting your second device to the same WiFi network as your Roku, you can use the Roku app to control your Roku.
- Set up the new network on the second Roku device, under Network in Settings.
- When a Roku has connected to the new network, access it from your second mobile device (SSID and password).
- You can now use the Roku app on your second device to control your Roku.
In the event you lose your network connection, you can also use method 2 or 3 as well, but I recommend that you buy a Roku compatible remote in case. To begin with, install the Roku app on your phone. The app is free on iPhones, as well as on Android devices.
- The Roku no longer connects to your phone’s WiFi network, so you can disable it. If you want, your phone can also be used to control your Roku.
FAQ About How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote
In the event you lose your network connection, you can also use method 2 or 3 as well, but I recommend that you buy a Roku compatible remote in case. If you do try this, be sure to report back on how it went.
The Roku app can continue to be your virtual remote as long as you like. If you were using an older model, this remote had even more features.